Sunday, August 12, 2012

CMQG WIP

This is my Chicago Modern Quilt Guild Art Challenge "work in progress".
We all chose a work of art, a piece of fabric and swapped bags with another guild member. I am working on a mini quilt based on a painting called "Party Trees" by Ellen Thomson for Kate C.
Here's the art, then my interpretation so far, subject to change in the next few days since its due back to the owner next Sunday.

I plan on adding a few sketchy chairs & outlining the shapes with thread drawing/painting. The heart needs to be wonkified so its not so cutesy looking. I will probably bind it with the fabric she gave me since I didn't use too much of it. I hope Kate likes it. I'm also excited to see what my partner made for me!

1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job capturing the spirit of this work without "copying" it..perfect! Love the background fabrics!

    ReplyDelete