Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Projects completed, Birthdays & Holidays passed!

November & December 2009 done, but not without being packed with good times. I'm happy with completing a few crafty projects, but of course,never as many as I would've liked to. For K's ice skating b-day party, I made monogrammed gloves for the girls, they loved them. Easy w/ pearl dimensional fabric paint w/ the help of foam stamps for placement of the dotted initial for each girl. Posted a pic on Michael's to win a trip to see Martha Stewart if I get enough ratings. It's worth a try!




Finished the Hope Squared quilt in time & shipped it out before Nov 15. I'm so proud that I started & finished something of that magnitude (for me, that is) for such a great cause! Started & finished in a week & a half and made with repurposed fabric from a favorite shirt! For details of my beginner free motion quilting, see link for flickr.http://www.flickr.com/photos/44958656@N02/4132099353/in/photostream/


For Mom's birthday, I wanted to make something for her with an applique silhoette of her lovebird, "Sunny" . I made this zippered pouch based on the one in Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing but a little larger & quilted. Luckily, I had the afternoon free to start & finish in time for meeting her & my sister for dinner & a movie that evening. I love the way it turned out, just wish I could plan ahead a little better & make things before the day I need it!











No comments:

Post a Comment