Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Round Robin with the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild

DSCN6344

Objective for 1st Round: Add rectangles to assigned member’s applique block & bring back to next months meeting to swap for another’s block & add next border for the next month.

I got my friend Donna’s, all patterned fabric block. Very beautiful, but I don’t have much of a stash, let alone metallicish print, worthy enough to adorn her block. If I look at something often & long enough, I eventually come up with an idea, but usually the night before its due!

Well, our next meeting isn’t for 2 weeks & I’m actually done! And I really like it. Simple but effective, keeping with the angle of the circles going yet also keeps the eye moving with the red accent.DSCN6344-1

Since I’m still reading Memoirs of a Geisha from my book club (Books & Bordeaux), I think the Asian frame of mind helped me on this one.

I love it! Too bad its not mine to keep. Each of our blocks will be passed around until November when we get to see our original block with the additions of 4 more peoples creative additions. I can’t wait!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun project! I always think Round Robins look like so much fun. You'll have to post this again when you get it back so we can all see what it turned out like.
    liZ
    (simplesimonandco)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I pretend I haven't seen this? I LOVE it - how simple and beautiful. I'm doing Sue's where more is definitely more. What you did? Less is more. You are very clever!

    ReplyDelete